Celebrate Our History!
East High School was originally located at 1390 Bryden Rd on the grounds of the Columbus Prepatory School for Girls. Photo Courtesy of Old Ohio Schools.
Academy Park is so named as it
was the original location of the Columbus Academy founded in a mansion on the site of the current Cleo Dumaree Recreation Center on the west bank of Alum Creek.
In 1852, an eight acre county fairground - The Franklin County Agricultural Society Grounds, opened on what was to become Franklin Park. Fairs were held here for 30 years as the grounds were expanded to 100 acres. Information and Photo Courtesy of Columbus Parks & Recreation
A+ Arts Academy, located at 1395 Fair Avenue was designed in 1890 by Columbus-based architect Frank L. Packard. Romanesque was a style of architecture that developed after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Photo Courtesy of Columbus Underground.
A staged safety photo shows an inattentive women waving to a child while a trolley approaches. This picture was taken at the intersection of Franklin and Kelton Avenues just a block southeast of the Trolley Barn (Columbus Railway Power and Light Company).
Photo used with permission of Columbus Railroads.